From the MTC
I am leaving the MTC in one week from today. I can barely believe in a week I'll be in PA!!! I am so excited to meet my new companion and my mission president. I wish I had pictures to send home but they're printing right now. Cause I don't think I can put my SD card into the computers here. But I have continued to love my district. They're amazing. My zone leaders are amazing too(well they're not my zone leaders anymore...). They're leaving tomorrow which is rather sad. I am learning so much! It's hard to remember all what we need to use in the beginning of a lesson. But I think it'll get easier as I am out in the feild getting forced to use it multiple times a day rather than once a day and with a companion who has a little more experience. Don't get me wrong my companions are incredible. I love them so much just we're still learning. One of our teachers said that my district is teaching so much better than when we first got here. Which was a great compliment cause he encourages us but he doesn't really say things like that often. My other teacher is hilarious and he teaches us a lot of things too. I'm grateful to have two great teachers who really care about us and want us to succeed as missionaries. One thing I have learned here is I'm sorry if I have spelling mistakes or grammer errors in my letters but I am tryingto type as fast as I possibly can cause we have limited email access.
We also had mission conference yesterday which was really awesome and amazing. The MTC president served in the North Eastern States mission. So he said each mission that is now there that was in his mission boundaries and he had those serving there stand up. Well my mission was one of those. and everyone gasped when we stood up cause there were 11 of us going to the same place all sitting together. Like I've said being in a district going to the same place is rare.
Well I orginially decided that I wasn't going to tell you of anything bad that happened but I decided to let you know an experience I had. Starting on Friday my stomach was hurting really badly. Like so badly that I was in tears. And food wasn't helping. and neither was anacids. After the mission conference, I got back to my district room and just broke into tears because I couldn't deal with it anymore. I had decided earlier that it hadn't hurt that bad.... but it had really started to hurt on sunday. and I was at a loss of what to do. So I asked my zone leaders for a blessing. they got the elders from my district. and they all came to give me a blessing. It was the cooolest thing ever to get a blessing like that. I know they all love me and all want me to me to be happy. I was promised in the blessing that I would get better and that I wouldn't get sick the rest of my mission. Which made me way happy.
Love, Sister DavidsonFrom PA to Mom and Dad
Yeah the Church would probably frown on you two coming to visit me. But I have had the desire for you to come to PA. This area is beautiful!! (someday in like 1 1/2 years you can come to visit this area...) I'm sorry that you can't come while I'm here.
There are so many farms out here!! And there are Amish people here! There was a buggy going down my street one day as we were talking to people. And we saw a little buggy carrying two little children. It's been fun to see them on the road. We have also seen them working on their farms which is awesome too. (can you tell that I'm super excited to be here??!)
The people here are generally very kind and courteous. There have only been a few rude moments while tracting but I don't let those get me down! Cause I'm stronger than that! Ha! Take that mean people! haha.
We taught this chinese woman this past week who basically dropped us cause she "just couldn't believe that" er well anything for that matter (she just said I just can't believe it a lot) My trainer Sister Denton said maybe it's a good thing she dropped us cause every lesson would have been a struggle.
We're also teaching a sweet old man who believes most everything he's been taught. Our only problem is trying to figure out how to get the importance of going to OUR church across to him. cause he goes to his own church than comes to the LDS church afterwards. He has a baptismal date and I sincerely pray he is able to be baptized then. It's Nov 5th so we'll see!
We've tracted into a few other people who have said we could come back. Which is exciting. We have an appointment tonight so pray for us.
My ward is great! There are a lot of less actives so we'll be doing a lot of that work too. I'm excited about that.
I've decided that everday as a missionary is a great day. I love it. That doesn't mean that there aren't challenges cause trust me there are a lot of challenges... Like walking out of the church building after church and trying to avoid walking into a spider web and totally falling on my face! I hurt my knee prettty bad but it's okay today. My shoulder hurts and I think it could be from that but who knows I could have slept on it wrong.
Last night we were tracting and it was after dark and we went up to one lady's house and she said uh sisters it might not be a good day for you two to be out after dark cause they just annouced your church as a cult. My trainer was like well we don't have a choice we have to be out. But we were safe. I wasn't too worried. ;) and mom stop worrying! I'm fine!! I'm being obedient and the Lord is going to take care of me!
Love, Sister Davidson
No comments:
Post a Comment