So this week has been great. Last Monday since it was Halloween(dad's favorite holiday...not) we had to be in by 6. But we had a dinner appointment with a family, well it's a husband and a wife all their kids are grown up but they had one of their sons there with his wife and daughter. It was fun. Then we went home and deep cleaned our apartment (fun!...) No it was good. I have been happy to live in a clean apartment regardless if it made me sneeze for days afterward from all the dust we stirred up. And Lancaster county does things differently than anywhere I've ever been. They assign times for trick or treating! So people/kids could only trick or treat between 6 & 8 pm on the 31st. And I've heard some years they don't trick or treat on Halloween! It's weird!!
Oh last night was way cool! We ate at a member's home. That family is awesome and so much fun. Their names are the Whitings and they are just a great family. Sister Whiting made a really good dinner. Then she made homemade donuts for dessert! Yum! Then we were driving home and we saw a whole bunch of Amish people playing volleyball!!! It was crazy! Since it was dark out they had big lights on. I think they generate their own electricity somehow so that's it's not connected to the outside world. I even saw an Amish man and woman at Walmart last P-day it was crazy! (I will never get over the excitement of seeing Amish people....)
We have already been invited to 2 thanksgiving dinners. Luckily for us they're at different times. I love thanksgiving! It's my favorite holiday!!! There's so much to be grateful for!
The sad thing about this area is that so many people have been taught that all they need to do to get to heaven is say that they believe in Jesus Christ. And there's nothing more that they have to do. And I always am annoyed when they say things like that. We tracted into a woman who is a Unitarian (?) and she believes just everyone will make it back to heaven. It's sad to me to see how the devil is teaching the world what would have been his plan. But his plan fails! and it's so sad to see how people agree there should be a prophet and all of these basic doctrines of the gospel until we bring up the name of the Book of Mormon. It's so frustrating all these people have been taught about how 'horrible' the Book of Mormon is and they've never even read it for themselves. And it makes me think about me and how I can't say anything about other religions because I don't know.
Oh yeah a member told me yesterday that he likes to ask me to pray cause he likes listening to my prayers cause I pause to collect my thoughts. And that I remind him of someone famous that I had never heard of before and consquently do not remember the name right now. It was way funny.
We have one progressing investigator. She is great!! She's been to church a couple of times and she has a baptismal date of Dec 21! (12/21/11 Notice any pattern?) I am so excited I hope she is able to make that.
we also have another investigator who has a baptismal date of 12/7/11. She's 14. She lives with her grandma(who is a returning active member). But she goes to her mom's on the weekend in Reading, PA... which is not our area which is not even our mission... So we got permission to talk to that mission and hopefully get her to church so she can get baptized! Anyway I'm going to try to send pictures to everyone now. I love you all lots!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment