Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March 12, 2012



  there may have been a cantaloupe shoved in that backpack. (sorry if I've already sent this picture...) We didn't get grocery bags!!! 
 What? Classic Pittsburgh or Pennsylvania in general move. No cars beyond this point and then there is a car there. Of course.
 cool train tunnel that we wanted to take a picture by. It reminds us of the song Long Black Train. Which is what we've entitled this picture ha. we're weird but we love it!!!

 picture I stole from sister carters camera from when we went to the cheesecake factory for her birthday! Delicious! I want cheesecake! (I lost 4 pounds last week so I can want cheesecake okay?) 

Thanks for sharing your testimony with me Dad. I really enjoyed it.  I really enjoyed looking at the pictures from Hawaii as well!!  And I LOVED the postcards. also i love that they were sent from El Paso. ha. 

So I wasn't originally going to tell you about the shooting that happened in my area..  Yes Mom it happened in the area I walk almost every day. But sister Marshall told you we were safe and we were extremely blessed. so I want to share with you this experience.

Let me give you some background details before I tell you how we were so blessed. I don't know if you remember me telling you about Kelda. Well Kelda actually is a patient in the hospital where the shooting occurred.  And we visit her on Tuesday at 2.  It is usually always that time. We were really glad we had visited her on Tuesday rather than being busy and going to see her another day. But that wasn't anything unusual. Also we were blessed was that we had zone conference on Friday. and you're probably thinking Friday? what does that have to do with what happened on Thursday?? But it has a lot. We usually have weekly planning on Friday mornings unless there are other meetings scheduled for Friday. So we had to pick a different day this week because of Zone Conference. and we just decided to do it early and do it on Thursday.  Cause then we had service at 3 and an appointment at 4:30 in downtown Pittsburgh. Then we were just busy the rest of the day.  We were kinda unusually busy... for this area. Also Emily a girl we're working with canceled on us the night before and rescheduled for Thursday. 

Now to Thursday more detailed. We had weekly planning and that usually lasts from 10 am to about 1 pm. and then we have lunch and we take an hour for lunch. So we didn't even leave our apartment until after 2.  Which is about when the shooting happened.  (don't worry our apartment is like 3 miles from that hospital.) So we walked straight to service cause we needed to catch a bus early to get to downtown by 4:30. (service is an hour 3-4). So we got to service and it's at a nursing home and the tv is always going. And everyone was like did you hear about what just happened. and they told us details of what they knew. and so we called Kelda and made sure she was okay.  And then we got a flurry of texts and phone calls making sure we were okay and that we weren't in the Oakland area. a couple of members told us to stay in the rest of the day but we couldn't do that we still had to be out but fortunately we had appointments and bus rides that took of the rest of our time that day.  So long story short Heavenly Father put us in situations that didn't require us to be in Oakland near that area at all that day.  Except for riding on the bus to downtown.  The streets were so jammed packed with emergency vehicles. it was nuts!!! Cause usually we are out in oakland before service on Thursdays. We walk past that hospital a lot. Not always exactly right next to it but a street down from it. 

Then I am soooooooooooo happy!!! Yesterday David was officially reactivated in the church.  Cause he has come enough times. Then he received the Aaronic Priesthood.  We went to see him get ordained and it was weird to be in Elders Quorum... A lot of the guys noticed we were there during the opening song and they would look around and give us funny looks. It was awesome. Then I cried during the ordination. Cause I love that kid so much!! And I just love the things the Bishop said in the blessing part. It really made me feel as though I did my job as a missionary. and I just feel like David is never going to leave the church now because he just started a series of events that are going to really solidify his testimony. He got his patriarchal blessing last night.  He will get to bless or pass the sacrament next week probably. He is going to the temple for baptisms the week after that. It's just amazing. I am so proud of him!!

Then I am so happy.  We are teaching this girl named Kahli and she has come to church twice now. :D We always ask her if she had any questions about the service and she doesn't. She just easily understands how it is all done. and I love her!!! She is reading from the Book of Mormon and praying on her own.  

Then Hans. I think I told you about him last week. He is awesome!! We weren't able to meet with him because he was home for spring break but he left us a voicemail saying see ya next week and that he would be coming to church next week!!! Wahooooooooooooo! We are so excited. I have a stronger testimony of my prayers and the prayers of those around me cause we were praying like crazy that he would get an answer to his prayers about attending church. and he is going to come and so this week I am going to pray that he loves it and has a fabulous first experience and wants to keep coming back. Like Kahli. :D 

But yeah life is great. I love life as a missionary. 

I'm going to send you pictures now... :) 
love sister davidson

No comments: