Thursday, March 1, 2012

February 27, 2012

I am excited to share with you everything I'm learning cause I am learning a LOT! I love being here. I love my area and I love the people in it. I think it's funny that you got on my mormon.org profile.  Most of the missionaries here have one too.  

In the ward I am serving in they had a mormon.org initiative to get the members to share the gospel.  They had a race between the elders quorum and the relief society. and it was a great success! Of course the relief society won.  Then the "prize' was the elder's quorum had to throw a party for the relief society.  I don't think it ended that way cause the ward mission leader just ended up inviting the whole ward to his apartment and they had a 90s party.  I heard it was a lot of fun cause missionaries don't go to stuff like that. 

So I finished my second journal since being out last night. Crazy!! I write so much cause I don't want to forget anything that happens while I am out!! I have to remember it ALL! haha. 

So we had one of the best lessons ever this past saturday. We have been teaching this kid Archer for a while. Sister Carter was teaching him before I got here.  And he is Chinese and he didn't have a concept or belief in Jesus Christ until just recently. And we were trying to figure out how to teach him about sin and repentance and we were struggling with the ideas how to do it.  And while we were planning something about reading the book of mormon  in preach my gospel stuck out to sister carter and we talked about the idea and we decided to do it. So we used the first chapter this activity gave us. it gave us 1 Nephi 10.  And that lesson was amazing!!!!!!!!!! I can't even describe how good it was.  He understood so much cause we struggle having him read because he doesn't understand some of the words so he can't understand the doctrines.  I will forever remember Archer whenever I read the word dwindling and dwelling now. 

So we challenged one of our returning actives that we are meeting with to read the Book of Mormon by April 1st which is his birthday.  And coincidently is conference as well. That's great! I am so excited about it! We challenged him before Sister Quijano left and I have been reading 10 pages a day.  And it has been so amazing. I love what I can learn from the scriptures every single day.  I am also way ahead of everyone else but I know that they can catch up.  

But that's it for today... no pictures this week sorry. I left my camera at the apartment. Plus I only had one picture from our adventure with sister marshall last week to a grocery store that you had to pay for bags. Love ya!!! :)

Sister Davidson

No comments: