Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 20, 2012

 My heart flipps for you!!! :) Sister Marshall gave us those for Valentine's day. She is so sweet! I love her!
 Frozen pond.... I thought it looked pretty. ha!
 Does it look steep?
I think it looks steeper with me standing in the picture.  Yep these are the hills we walk every day... No not really.... whatever. We just walk that hill the other day. It is in our area though. 

This week was a really good week for us.  We got 3 media referrals in one day! It was crazy but really good.  We had success in contacting all 3 of them.  It kinda surprised us because we usually don't have success in contacting referrals. usually they got online and requested something when they or their friend was drunk...

But this week we have gotten 2 new investigators from media referrals!

One of the referrals was named Hans.  We had called him and left a message.  He called us back and said that he would be available for us to come bring the Book of Mormon to him.  When we met with him we were able to set up an appointment to meet with him later that week.  He told us that he was searching for something but he didn't know what that something was.  He also said that he had a friend a couple of years ago who was Mormon and had explained where we go after this life and that a couple of weeks ago he saw a mormon.org commercial and it reminded him of the discussion he had with his friend so he got online and requested the Book of Mormon. Then when we met with him he told us that he was trying to fill a void inside of him.  And Sister Carter told him that the gospel could fill that void.  It was really powerful. The lesson was really powerful. He said that everything we had taught made sense. We had asked him to read from the Book of Mormon and he had! It was so amazing! He had read all the way to 2nd Nephi in 4 days! (do you know how hard it is to get people to read from the Book of Mormon half the time?) He really has so much potential to go so far!  We invited him to baptism and he said he would! But he said he wants to know that the gospel is true first before he commits to a baptismal date though.  I have faith that he will receive an answer to his prayers. 

Our other new investigator's name is Kahli.  She is amazing too. She grew up Catholic.  She had LDS friends growing up and had always admired their dedication to their church because she never really felt that connection to the Catholic church.  Her life is really crazy right now and she felt like she needed church in her life.  So she requested to meet with missionaries and it was amazing.  She was invited to baptism as well but she wants to wait until she knows as well. I was so much myself in that lesson it was crazy.  There were no walls that prevented her from getting to know me or me getting to know her.  We explained so much to her and bore our testimonies a lot.  It was seriously one of the best lessons of my mission.  

It seems kinda funny to think. All the really spiritual and really powerful lessons I remember having thus far on my mission have been 1st lessons. There is just something about really powerful about sharing the Restoration of the Gospel with someone! I am SO thankful for the restored gospel and that I am here in the Latter Days.  I am so excited to be part of the preparation for the return of the Savior.  How blessed are we?! 

One of the less actives we are working with attended stake conference with us.  It was so good.  We asked him if he liked it and he said that he loved it and that it was amazing.  I love seeing the progress that he is making in the gospel. 

I will send pictures in a moment. LOVE YA'LL!!!!!!!!!! :) 

No comments: