Dear Family,
This week has flown!! I am now in my 4th transfer. Weird!!! At the end of this transfer I'll have been out for 6 months!! Say what?! I can't believe it. So I am staying in Pittsburgh for another transfer at least. I probably won't get transferred in 6 weeks at least cause Sister Carter will have been here for 6 months at that point. But I love it here so I'm not complaining.
So last Monday we went and played Yahtzee with the Elders. It was great fun! We got to really know the Elders better and I feel like our district really bonded. But yeah I won at Yahtzee. ha! By 10 points. And only because I got a double Yahtzee! One of the elders was like what?! Then he had to check my math to make sure it was correct.(cause he was the one I beat by 10 points.)
Then we did a lot of street contacting this week. I am still not to the point where I wish I was in street contacting but I am working on it. Talking to people can be difficult!!! Being a missionary has definitely pushed me out of being a shy person. A year ago I wouldn't have ever done half the things I do now. But I still am shy don't get me wrong.
So last week I told you about the less active girl we've been teaching. Her name is Kelda and she is such a sweetheart. She has been able to come to church the last 2 weeks! :) And she bore her testimony!!!
Being able to watch people you teach bare their testimonies in sacrament meeting is one of the best feelings ever!!
We have been really concerned for one of the recent converts. She has kinda been m.i.a. recently. So we decided to track her down and we took her flowers at work. And she said that she really appreciated it. And it was good to see her because it felt like she was avoiding us for a while. We were able to find out that a lot is going on in her life that is weighing her down. It makes me sad. And we have a great ward, they are really trying to reach out to hear rather than it just being us chasing her down all the time.
Then we did have an investigator named Justin come to church yesterday. He didn't make it to sacrament meeting but he made it to the last part of Gospel Principles and was able to go to Elder's Quorum. I think he enjoyed it but a lot of it went over his head because he is from China. We are trying to be as simple as we can when teaching him.
We had been teaching another Chinese girl but she has been avoiding us and then she told us she can't come to our church anymore. It makes me really sad. We're kinda worried she came in contact with anti mormon literature, which makes all of us really sad.
I did have one amazing experience... We were teaching this guy named Chris and we were talking about something I can't even remember what but I got like the strongest feeling ever he didn't understand the Atonement. And so I said wait a minute we need to talk about this first! Then I taught about the Atonement and what it is going to be like for us somewhat when we are being judged. I told him that the Savior is our advocate and then I said it's like the Savior being our lawyer and he got it. It was awesome!
We were teaching this less active guy named David and he taught us at his last lesson. That was our challenge to him. It was awesome! He has grown so much since I've come here to Pittsburgh.
Being a missionary has given me so much joy and happiness but a lot of sorrow too. I wasn't expecting to feel this many emotions on my mission. I'm crazy I know.
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sister Davidson
No comments:
Post a Comment