First off I miss you all so much! I am so blessed to have such great support from home.
This week has been such a crazy week!!! Sister Carter and I said goodbye to Sister Quijano! I cried a little bit when she left and a little the next day when we went street contacting just cause I missed her so much. Cause she was AMAZING! But I know she is going to have awesome adventures and I will find all about them in a year from now. It's weird to think that I am about 1/3 of the way through my mission. I don't like thinking about it because I don't know I just don't.
Then this week we saw something amazing happen. We had gotten a referral from Headquarters about this girl and we had called her a couple of times and left a message. Then we tried stopping by her apartment building but the address we got didn't have an apartment number and we couldn't figure out which one it was from the apartment directory. So we kinda just assumed that it was contacted cause we had tried to contact her but there is only so many times you can call a person before it just gets annoying. But she called us back!! And she wants to meet with us and I am so excited!!! I knew it was a blessing from Heavenly Father because we were out doing what we were supposed to be doing and just trying our hardest to be obedient.
I love personal study!! I was reading from Helaman 12 today and verses 7- 19 struck me so much! I had never really understood the whole dust of the earth concept and how we are less than the dust of the earth. I knew we were but I didn't understand why. But now I do! Because we as human beings do not obey God's voice in the very moment He says it sometimes. He gave us agency to act for ourselves and to choose to listen to His voice. But then the next thought came to mind that never did God give us a command to not listen to Him. We are always expected to obey Him and because sometimes we don't we are less than the dust of the earth. My mind was blown this morning!!
Then our investigator named Abdul has a friend is calling us.... cause Abdul is missing? I don't know how I feel about it. At first I had a really bad feeling and I didn't think we should try contacting Abdul for a few days. Then we talked to a guy in the ward who had come to one of Abdul's lessons who has been called by Abdul's friend as well. And the guy said he didn't think it was more for concern rather than worrisome. But it still kinda worries me because I don't know how they got our number.
We had a funny experience with Kelda the other day. She was praying when we ended our lesson and there was going to be a party on her floor right after we left and she said Please bless me to keep my standards high especially as I am partying with the opposite sex. It was hilarious and I love her!! I seriously almost started crying in her room the other day just because I love her so much!!!
We got a new district leader and it's his first time as a district leader and it's fun. He's awesome! I have been so blessed to have such great leaders on my mission. I just found out that my one of my old district leaders is a zone leader and that was so exciting! :) Anyway I gotta go. I might send pictures in a minute!
Love, SIster Davidson
We went to Five Guys and the potatoes were from Rexburg!!! and I was excited!!!
The trio in front of the river last monday night
the fridge with my new toy i mean nametag on it. Dad would have fun with my magnetic nametag!
No comments:
Post a Comment