Me in front of pittsburgh.
The beautiful city of pittsburgh!!
me and a cool statue in pittsburgh
Kahli my old investigator
Jill and Meghan
KIm!
Sister Carter and I at transfers
Sister Denton and I the day before she went home.
oh Pennsylvania road signs. they make me laugh
sister juliano and I don't mind that it's upside down.
Vai!!! At her baptism!!!
My beautiful companion glaring at me after me teasing her.
So this week was FANTASTIC! It went by faster than any week of my mission yet! I am seriously contemplating whether a prank has been played on me and last Monday was actually yesterday. Heavenly Father must be playing an April Fool's prank on me. There is no way that week could have gone so fast.
We had a lot of good things happen. And we don't feel as though we don't know what is going on as much anymore. I definitely don't feel as frustrated as I did when I first got here. But the reasons for that will have to wait until another day. Because all that is important now is that I am happy and love this area and I love my investigators and my district and the other missionaries we're serving around. I am getting to know the members of my ward I am getting to know my area. And honestly I am so glad that Sister Juliano and I doubled in here because some of the things that were becoming traditions were not okay in this area. Not saying that missionaries were being disobedient but just the traditions needed to change desperately. And Sister Juliano and I were able to stop some stuff without having to put up a fight with a companion.
So we had a baptism this week!!! Yay!!! The woman's name was Vai and she is the sweetest girl ever. So she and her husband Kalili are both from American Samoa and their families are still there. Kalili's family are members and they wanted to participate in the baptism. His dad was able to speak via Skype!! It was sooooooo cool. Then his aunt did a musical number from Alaska! It was perfect for her. The service as a whole had some glitches namely the font wasn't completely full in time for the baptism. Definitely something I learned for future reference. Missionaries will just need to fill the font. Cause it doesn't get full in 3 hours.... That font.Don't get me started. But she was baptized and that is what matters. She was able to use the Atonement in such a big way. Then she was so excited for conference as a baptized member. And she is so excited for her confirmation this Sunday. It's great. I love her!!!
I'm so thankful to Heavenly Father for allowing me to be here and allowing me to learn so that I could become better. It's amazing how much I feel like I have changed since last September. I know I'm not the same person.
Anyway I'll send pics in a minute. love ya !!!
SIster Davidson
No comments:
Post a Comment