Before I get to my new area let me tell you what happened in Pittsburgh right before I left. So we meet with Kahli our investigator and taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, endure to the end). and when we were talking to her about repentance Sis carter asked Kahli what she thought about it? And Kahli said well I heard about it at church and how you needed to do it everyday. So I've started asking God for forgiveness everyday since that Sunday. And it was amazing. AMAZING!!! We didn't have to do the awkward will you repent commitment? cause she's already doing it!!
then transfers were probably the most awkward day of my life. My companion was in Harrisburg all day. So I got to spend alllllll day with Elders... being the only sister. Okay I'm complaining and it really wasn't as bad as I said. It was actually pretty funny. I went out to lunch with them and my zone leader asked who I wanted to ride with and I said whoever will feel the least awkward with a sister in the car. Pretty funny.
but now....
I am in the greatest county in Pennsylvania!! I'm in Lancaster again. I love this place. I am serving in the Elizabethtown ward which is the neighboring ward to the Lititz ward where I was serving before. And it's weird cause there are now Elders in the Lititz ward. So it's weird to be telling my companion this is the Elder's area when we drive through part of their area. cause it used to be MY area. but whatever it's cool.
So my companion is Sis Juliano. She is from southern california and she is fabulous. we have so much fun together. She is going home at the end of this transfer though. it's rather sad. But this is going to be an awesome transfer. Details coming in a few minutes.
So it's weird my whole district doubled in. which for mission lingo means that both companions are new to the area. I doubled in with Sister Denton when I was getting trained and had a great experience but this time around things are not so great. There have been a few challenges but it's okay. We had a handful of miracles fall out of the sky.
both sets of elders in my district are training. It's kinda funny. They definitely had a deer in the headlights look about to them last week at district meeting. It was great. Ha. I shouldn't make fun of them but I remember my first week out and I was the same way. So it's funny.
Then we called our bishop on Wednesday to tell him who the new sisters are and he told us about the ward a little bit. He told us that there was a woman in the ward who was just waiting on some stuff so that she could get married so she could get baptized!!! So the stuff was finalized and this couple got married on Friday and she is getting baptized this friday!!! I'm so excited!! It's my first baptism. So it'll be awesome!!
Then yesterday at church one of the members of our ward came up to us before relief society and pointed out a woman and said she is an investigator. So to make sure we met her. So we went up to her and introduced ourselves. and she was really nice. then after rs she asked how do I join the mormon church? and I was kinda blown away. But I said well we have to teach you some lessons, and then you get baptized. Is that something you want. And she said yeah it is. So we will be having another baptism coming in a couple of weeks. it depends on how quickly we teach the lessons. But it'll probably be a couple of weeks.
Then General Conference is this weekend!!! I'm so excited!!!
Love Sister Davidson
No comments:
Post a Comment