Tuesday, January 17, 2012

December 19, 2011

I did get the package the ward sent!  Tell them thanks so much!!! And whoever decided to put the Nutella to go thing in there was a GENIUS! :) It may or may not have been eaten that day... hehe. But yes I loved the package and the card.  I felt very loved.  I got the other package that you sent a while ago.  Sorry I don't mean to forget to let you know I got it...
 
We went to our ward's Christmas party on Saturday and it was awesome!! I don't think I've ever had so much fun at a Christmas party before.  It was cute Santa's elves came running into the gym and we had a little investigator girl there and she knows the Bishop and when he ran past she said hey! Thant's Bishop! It was funny and cute.
 
So I ate something I have never eaten before.  Someone in our ward gave us giftcards to this Mennonite buffet.  At this buffet they had pig stomach.  So Sister Denton and I decided to try it.  It was interesting.  It didn't taste good but it didn't taste bad.  needless to say I didn't eat much of it.  The rest of the food was good though. 
 
Have I ever mentioned in a letter how grateful I am for invisible fences here in PA?  Cause no one has real fences here.  So it was kinda nerve racking to walk past yards with dogs barking at you without anything tangible between you and the dog.  But it's nice to know that most dogs don't run through the invisible fence.  We have only been chased by a couple of dogs.
 
We're still struggling a little with our investigator pool but I guess that just comes with being a missionary.  We did get in contact with more investigators again.  But everyone is so busy worrying about Christmas that there is a lull with teaching. 

We were tracting last night and a couple of members live on that particular street.  And we didn't know what house the one lived in so we tracted into a member.  It was fun.  Sister Denton has been wanting to tract that street for forever and we ran into some fairly nice people but not really any potentials :(  But that's okay.
 
I've been frustrated a little this week because I kept getting migraines (they weren't super painful but they just wouldn't go away)!!  But I was super grateful that you had sent me that medicine. Thanks!!!
 
Last P-day we made cookies with a member it was fun!  I like making cookies.  We've also discovered a love for chocolate popcorn... we may make it a lot to give to investigators then get hungry in the car and eat a bag of it. (They're small!)
 
Oh our investigators make me laugh.  We had one text us and ask if she could fast to lose weight.  We told her that she could fast to help get the motivation to lose weight and to eat right, or stick to an exercise program.  She texted us back saying she would eat breakfast then fast lunch and dinner.  Somehow I don't think she got  it when we were telling her fasting is not a weight loss technique. 
 
Anyway that's what you get for this week. I love you!! I am SO excited to see your faces in 6 days!! I can't believe it's almost Christmas.  It's also the last week of the transfer.  So I could get transfered next week or Sister Denton could.  Or we could stay.  We'll see.  Our district leader was asking us for recommendations to give to the zone leaders that they could give to the APs (assistants to the president).  So yikes!  I won't tell you our predictations cause they're probably wrong.  We'll find out on Saturday so I'll give you the details on Sunday when I talk to you!!
 
Love Sister Davidson

No comments: