That is amazing that you had 49 + people at church!! That's awesome!! That's so crazy that James is home! We had a recently returned missionary speak in our ward yesterday that served in the Salt Lake City South mission where James served. So I asked the guy if he knew an Elder Usevitch and he said he did and that James was his zone leader. So it was kinda cool to have a connection back to El Paso in a way.
Yes I do remember the name of the Elder that I knew at BYU-I. He is Elder Olsen. He has brown hair and is from WA? But tell whoever the Elders are that come over that they are great! And I hope things are going swell in their areas!
Also hooray for finding my EFY cds. and yes I got my package. Thank you. It is safe to send packages to my apartment.
Dad, the story about the prisoner attacking the guard is crazy!! But you are a very happy person. I don't think there is a moment in your life where you don't think of jokes. Ha! There are times you're serious but you're always ready with a joke when it's not time to be serious. I love ya!
This week we got 3 new investigators!!! We've kinda been struggling with finding new investigators but it was great!
-The first one is from Nigeria and he just walked into the institute and told the institute director he wanted to learn more about Christianity. So we started teaching him immediately the next day. And it was good. He came to church on Sunday! He even participated in Gospel Principles.
-The other two are from China. One is a girl and her name is Fancy. She is adorable!! I love her so much! We watched finding faith in Christ and she just so sweet! She watched the movie really intently and picked up on some really good aspects of the movie. Then the other chinese one is Justin. He is reallllllly smart! He asks us a lot of hard questions. When we were teaching him about the Book of Mormon he asked us if Christ came to Asia. And we all said it would make sense if he did but we don't know for sure. Both of them are so cute cause they ask if they can bring their friends and of course we tell them they can!
We still work with Less actives here a little and sometimes they can make you so happy but sad at other moments cause we want what is best for them! My companions and I were talking the other day about the emotions tied into missionary work. I decided that we're constantly on an emotional roller coaster with investigators and the members we work with. And I said it was worse than being a teenager! Ha! Not really but pretty close!
So my one companion sister carter is allergic to the cold. Weird huh? I wouldn't believe it normally if I hadn't seen her fingers and legs after being out on a particularly cold night or actually most cold nights. Her body itches and she gets really red and starts to swell. She told her parents and her mom emailed Sister Topham and then Sister Topham called us and had Sister Carter call the doctor and it turns out that there is a condition of being allergic to the cold and gave her a prescription.
Talking about time going fast... it's crazy!!! We are in week 5 of this transfer! Week 5! It's nuts!! And sad. My little companion Sister Quijano from the Philippines is going home in 2 weeks!!! :( She can't leave me! I won't let her. She is too good of a missionary. But it is time to let her go home. (also did I not tell you she is a foreign missionary? She's amazing. I love her so much!)
Also have you read Daughters in my Kingdom???? That book is AMAZING!! I have about 60 pages left but I cry every time I read from it. I've also been reading Our Heritage and I have learned a lot of really interesting facts about the church.
That's funny that you get made fun of for having an ipad. Missionaries are going to have Ipads pretty soon. Seriously. I can't remember if I told you that we tested them out in the MTC a little. It was a pretty cool deal.
anyway I love your guts!!! You're fantastic! Thanks for all the support I appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment