Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 17, 2012

  a GLASS chair! How cool is that!
  is of a cool quilt
 scary bone structure I don't remember what it is
  is of me in front of a big dinosaur!  
 Me just being crazy.  I was trying to get a dinosaur in the background... it didn't work so well.

 BUTTERFLIES!
 obviously I don't measure up...
 That's one big book! Wish I could read it!
 That's me holding a moose skin!  That was thick and heavy!  There were a whole bunch of animal skins. and I touched all of them.  there was another display of animal droppings which I refused to touch though.
Animal bone biting my arm! Yikes!!


That's awesome that you got to go to the temple!! I miss the temple a lot.  I am excited when I'll be able to go again in 14 months.  Or whenever I go home.  I passed my 4 month mark this Saturday. And I still have moments where I think woah I'm on a mission. Weird!  

Last week we saw a miracle here.  My companion Sister Carter had been teaching this guy Stan and he had a baptismal date and everything.  But then he dropped off the face of the earth and he couldn't be contacted.  Well last Monday when we were on the bus.  Stan got on the same bus!  Sister Carter immediately started talking to him.  It turns out his phone was broken and the only way to contact him was through email, facebook, or skype.  So we got his email address so that we could contact him.  Then invited him to Institute and he came!  Then we had a lesson with him later on in the week.  Then he came to church and it was amazing!!

Also I spoke in Sacrament meeting this Sunday. My talk was on the Book of Mormon.  It was the first time I haven't ever really felt terribly nervous before a talk. It was probably because I was so busy this week.  But back to the investigator Stan, as I was speaking I felt more than once tell me that the thing I had just said was for Stan.  and it was so cool!  I knew my words and talk had been inspired by Heavenly Father for the needs of His children.  I'm just grateful I was able to write the talk.  

Also with that we had a recent convert of 2 weeks speak in Sacrament Meeting as well.  I feel honored to say I spoke with him when he gave his first talk in church.  The recent converts name is Dan.  He is such a cool kid!! He goes to school at Pitt and was taught by Sister Carter and her trainer.  Then he went home to Philadelphia and got baptized there over the Christmas break with the missionaries who had started teaching him. So now we are teaching him the new member lessons and he just is such an awesome kid.  I'm grateful to have gotten to know him. 

We're not really teaching anyone new which is sad.  We are trying. We will set up appointments and things repeatedly fall through.  It's frustrating.  Oh well such is the cycle of missionary work.  

But overall missionary work is awesome like always.  And I am grateful for the missionaries I serve around.  District meetings are so good and really help continue on the work because I always feel better knowing we have others to rely on.  

This past monday we went to the Natural history museum here in Pittsburgh. It was awesome! (don't gripe Dad, we got in for free because we volunteer at the library) So here are some pictures. :)

Anyway that's what ya get for this week folks. I love ya.  I hope things are going great for ya!! 

Love Sister Davidson

No comments: