Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 9, 2012


Dear Family!
 
But yeah the storms have been CRAZY!  We ran into another freak storm the other night. Luckily we had just gotten in the car. But it was kinda scary driving. Sister Black made fun of me because I turned up the music so I wouldn't hear the thunder! It was scary!!
 
Well this week was interesting. We ran into a born again christian at a door step and he told us he knew more about our religion that we did. Whatever. Sis Black asked him if he had read the Book of Mormon and he said no. But that he had read books written by people who had left our church and would never go back.  The books he had read went into detail about the temple and as he was talking to us I was just thinking stop saying anything!!! I just can't believe how wicked a person would be to write stuff about the temple after leaving the church.  Though Sister Black and I have done a lot of talking and we think the people are people who by the time they wrote that book probably didn't remember a ton of the details. Because I just feel like if a person who is going to write something like that they are bitter about something and probably hadn't been in good standing in the church in a while. Because a person doesn't just fall to doing something like that overnight. It takes time.
 
We have found a couple of pretty awesome potentials!   Usually when we knock on a door and we ask if they have heard anything about the church if they have it's usually not something positive. But this one lady we talked to said she had only heard good things!  It was really wonderful. I was thankful to have that experience. We were able to give her a Book of Mormon and she said she would read it! We're going to stop by soon because she didn't make a return appointment and hopefully she will have read.  Another potential we found was super willing to let us come by again and I'm really excited to teach her.
 
Our transfer comes up in 2 weeks. Crazy!! Time just flies by as a missionary. 
 
We went to Hershey today. That was a lot of fun. it's a cute little town!  We went to Hershey Chocolate world. I wanted to buy you a magnet mom but the dad trait in me said the ones I was looking at were tooooo expensive. So sorry no souvenirs.
 
Anyway that's it for this week. Love you tons!!! Have a fabulous week. :) I might send pictures in a little bit.  My time is almost done but I need to get looking at something else. so bye!!!
 
Love Sister Davidson

No comments: