Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July 16, 2012

Dear Family!!!! :)
We had a great week this week!  We were able to have 3 new investigators! But unfortunately one of them has already dropped us.  It is always so sad to me when people decide to stop listening to the gospel.  I always want to say wait just wait and just listen to me! But I can't do that. I can't force them to believe or do anything.  In this one particular case it was really sad because we know she felt the Spirit and she agreed everything we taught.  I think the one thing that was her hang up was that she saw our quads.  And she didn't understand that the Bible and the Book of Mormon were two distinct books but that we just were able to carry them together that way.  It was so weird. I have never had someone react to seeing my scriptures like that before.  She saw it the first time we came and we were almost done with the lesson when she saw it the 2nd time.  But either way she called us the next day and told us she didn't feel right about all of it.  It was depressing.

But on the flip side we have another amazing investigator.  She told us everything we taught her made complete sense.  She got really excited about most of the doctrines in Lesson 1. It was really awesome! She really loves the Book of Mormon and she had only barely started reading it. I love investigators like that!!!
So Sister Black and I really killed ourselves on Saturday. We walked 12.5 miles!! We were about a mile from our house and we had to sit down and take a break.  We were sitting next to someones cornfield and we joked that we would just spend the night there. We were so dead!!!  It's only cause we walked up this one really steep hill and it was like a mile long.  Blah!!!
We are working really hard to continue to find people to teach.  But there are only so many people that you can find tracting.  I have really learned how much more helpful it is to give missionaries referrals and those are the people that are solid in the gospel.  So moral of this story... give the missionaries in your areas referrals if you can. And don't worry that you are going to mess up a friendship with someone cause I promise you won't. And even ask if your friends will just listen to the misisonaries because the missionaries need someone to teach.  I kinda wish people would do that in my area right now.  Because then I wouldn't only have like 2 investigators.
ALSO, Transfers are next week sooo I could be getting moved.  We'll see.  President Topham told me it was a possibility. Lastly can you believe I've been out for 10 months!!! How crazy is that???  I can't believe it!!  My mission is going by wayyyy too fast!!! Anyway. Sorry my letters are always so short.
One last thing we had a really cool experience happen the other day.  We had a dinner appointment fall through but we were really blessed in the fact that another family in the ward the woman hadn't checked her voicemail from when we had eaten at their house the week before and thought we were coming over that night and she invited us to dinner. It was awesome!!! I felt really blessed that day. 
 Twizzler Factory!!
 In front of the Elizabethtown Bridge

 our district in our cars.  This was on the 4th of July when we were trying to decide where to eat. Everything was closed!
 awesome cloud!!!
 Hershey World!!!
 Amish family having a picnic!!!
 pretty view of the Susquehanna River
Fountain at the Masonic village

No comments: