Thursday, September 6, 2012
August 13, 2012
So this week I am going to start off my email with my pictures rather than make you wait until the end. Partially because you'll understand the context of my week if you see the pictures first.
752- us with all our medicine and me with a thermometer. and basically it's what we looked like part of the week... we were so sick!!!
753- Me with a roll of toilet paper to blow my gross snotty nose.
Okay for the first time ever in my life I had a bad reaction to getting a flu shot. Pretty miserable I had a fever. We went home the evening after I got the shot and I couldn't stop shaking because of my fever going up!! But thankfully it went down within a day. I was going to be worried if it didn't. But then I got a cold hence the picture with the toilet paper.
So onto other things...This week was excellent! A lot of things fell through which was really disappointing in the moment but overall things were so good. Sister Romero and I both battled with being sick but the number of miracles we were still able to see was incredible!
We have a goal that we are going to try to do at least an hour of finding every day and we have been doing really good on reaching that goal. It's awesome! We have been able to get a lot of potentials and it is exciting stuff. We are hoping that as we keep getting all these potentials that they will turn into new investigators. We have faith that they will!
Last week we had a discussion with our ward mission leader about D&C 29: 7 which says: And ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts. So we are trying to find the Lord's elect in the sense of those in this area who are ready to accept the gospel now. In verse 6 it talks about asking in faith and being united in prayer. So we are working on increasing our faith and also being more united in prayer and also fasting. We have seen a lot of good things come from this. It is really cool! As we are trying to increase our faith we are trying to think of ways that would help have the Spirit more in our life and our companionship. It has been a really interesting process. We have found some things that could help us and I am excited to see how things go!
I had a really cool experience on a door step. We were talking to this woman who seemed kinda unsure about life and herself. As we were talking we were testifying, and I felt the Spirit tell me to testify of things that were totally unique to her. Things there was no way that I could have known from just standing on her porch. But as I was testifying I could see her face and she was looking at me like how do you know this? It was so amazing!!! I am so grateful for the Spirit which could help me help her. She didn't set up a time for us to come back and have another lesson but we know she felt the Spirit. I have complete faith that we were the instruments in allowing the Spirit to testify to her.
Then we had another amazing thing happen last night. We had gotten a media referral earlier in the week but it said that the woman wouldn't be home until Saturday. So we decided to wait until yesterday to contact it because we didn't want to seem overly pushy when we knew she wasn't in town. And when we knocked on her door she seemed really interested. She had talked to some Temple Square sisters and had really liked what they shared with them. We gave her a Book of Mormon and set up a return appointment. I am really excited to what happens with her! Both Sister Romero and I feel like she is going to be super receptive.
I am so grateful for this area and I am so grateful for the help we are receiving from the Lord. I love the feeling that I did what was expected of me that Heavenly Father and the Savior are pleased with me, even though a lot of things fell through and didn't go the way I planned.
Anyway Life is GRAND!!!!!!!! I love it. I love you! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Tell everyone hello and that I lovee them!!!
Love Sister Davidson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment