Thursday, September 6, 2012
August 27, 2012
We had our mission tour this week. Elder Porter from the 1st quorum of the seventy came. It was really cool. He told us to ask any questions we wanted. And it reminded me of the stories that Dad always tells about how they went to the temple and were able to ask any question. But it was so amazing!!! I really was edified so much!! I know that mission tour was meant for me personally. Well it was meant for all the missionaries but that I personally really benefited from it.So it was amazing to me to see how much more I understood the Atonement and the gospel of Jesus Christ after the mission tour. I feel like the things that I learned there are things that are helping me personally but more especially with helping some of the people that we are working with. We had some really powerful lessons with some less actives in our ward about the Atonement. One of them came to church yesterday. The other less active told us the real reason she doesn't go to church and she hadn't told any other missionaries before us.
I once again had my testimony strengthened of timing and how much better things seem to go when we are on the Lord's timetable. I know that He is leading us in every phase of the work. It's just cool to be able to see a glimpse of how He's helping and prompting us. About a month ago we were talking about plan a and plan b in Relief Society and since then I have evaluated my life in how much of it tends not to go with plan a. Or that parts of it go with plan a but a lot of things go with plan b or c or d or whatever. It has been really interesting to see and to learn. I've really been having to learn how to trust in what the Lord had in mind and truly following the Spirit to do that. It's been really neat. This happened the other day when we were going to go follow up with some potentials but neither of us felt like that was what was supposed to happen. And so prayed and we sat there for a minute and we both were thinking about the same person we needed to go see. Then we were able to go see another person that we needed to see (one of our less actives) And ahh! I can't even explain at how perfect everything was. We pulled up to her house right as she was out walking her dogs and she invited us in. And if we had gone before or had gotten there later we would have missed her.
We are still finding a lot of potentials and even though not as many as I would like are becoming new investigators; I am grateful that more people are being placed in our path. We are trying really hard to make sure that we remember all the people we meet so that none of them are forgotten! It's rough. We're being kept pretty busy. Which is good. I want to keep running as a missionary and doing as much good as I can!! And we are getting so many good ideas for our area that we can't exactly get everything done everyday. It's crazy.
So we went tracting in a little town called Falmouth last week. Cute little down. funny name but cute town and oh my goodness I just fell in love with it. I want to go back. I don't even know why I feel such a pull to go to that area. Maybe it's because of the people we found there that I feel are totally ready to accept the gospel. but even before that I feel such a pull towards it. It's awesome.
So even though once again a ton of things fell through. This week was a good one!!! I am so thankful for the ward here and I am so blessed to be able to be serving this mission. yeah!!!
hahaha I loved the air mail box.
Falmouth sign!!! I want to go to the goat race! We'll see if I get to...
Mission tour with 2 of the zones. :D can you find me?? heheh.
Love from your favorite sister missionary serving in Pennsylvania,
Sister Davidson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment