Lots of questions for me to answer.
What is your apt like? My apartment is realllllly nice. I should take pictures for you. We have a really beautiful view because we are on the third floor. The apartment is probably the newest in the mission because about a year and a half ago some elders got evicted from their apartment in this area. Don't ask. I'll tell you details another day.
How many missionaries are in your mission? There are probably like 140 missionaries in the mission. There are a lot and I know quite a few because of transfers and I know of more because of stories but yeah it's pretty great.
How many Sisters? There are 8 sisters at the moment. We had 11 at one point. And we usually have 10. it's just off right now.
We are losing Sister Juliano at the end of this transfer but we will be gaining another sister! Her name is Sister Black.
And about whitewashing it can be good when something happens in a district or when a lot of changes happen. Like this past transfer a lot of whitewashing happened because a lot of things happened and some areas needed to start new. Like my area for instance. there was a sister who had been sick for almost a whole transfer and the ward needed a new set of sisters.
Can I just say how cute Isabella is??? I love her!!! I can't wait to meet her in uhhhh next april.... when I get home. I'm so excited that Spencer is so happy to be a big brother. He is probably one of the best!!!
Oh Ben and Amy our meal calendar got filled up this past sunday for the rest of the transfer so it's a good thing you fed the missionaries. :)
So about missionary work for the week. It has been a great week!!! we have been working so hard. We found service!!! Yeah!!! At the national clock and watch museum. We will be helping out in their research library with moving books. It was really funny to ask our mission president about whether we could do it. Cause we told him where it was and that it was in the library. and he asked what type of books we would be moving and I said books about watches and clocks? and then he said oh ok I don't see a problem with that. It was funny. But we walked through the museum and it is sooooooo cool!! Who knew watches and clocks and time were so amazing?? There were parts of the museum that really strengthened my testimony of the Gospel. It was so cool.
We have this amazing investigator named Anne or we call her Sis Grosh. She is the funniest little old lady ever. She wants to get baptized so badly. and when we meet with her this week she just immediately started asking us what she needed to do to get baptized. and we told her about the word of wisdom and the law of chastity which are two commandments people tend to struggle with the most. And she drinks coffee and she said she'll live the rest of the word of wisdom. But I think we have her convinced to try to give up the coffee and replace it with something else. Then with the law of chastity she said at my age! that's not a problem (she's 74). She is just amazing! She is so excited about the gospel and is just willing to try to live it to the best she can.
We also met a less active that no one knew about tracting a couple of weeks ago. She is pretty great! I love her. She has some awesome dogs that love us. it's funny.
So this is pretty funny to me. So you know how elders are in Lititz now? but anyway background info from when I was there, there was this little kid named Jonah(?) who was always crying downstairs from our apartment. so the elders were talking to jonah's mom in the parking lot and apparently she knocked on their door the other night and asked one of them if they would want to go to the park with her and her son in such a way that indicates that she likes that elder. it was SO funny. Sister Juliano and I probably laughed at him for a good while. Then I told him about my experience tracting her door when she took the B.o.M. but gave it back when we started talking about Prophets being on the earth.
And I said she wasn't ready to accept the Gospel from Sisters... hahahaha.
Missionary work continues to have ups and downs but that's part of it all.
I continue to love this area and I love the ward. So grateful to be a missionary.
anyway I'm going to send this and then I'll send pictures. :D LOVE YOU ALLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment