Tuesday, May 8, 2012

April 30, 2012


Helllllllo Family!!!
I hope everything is going amazingly for you!!!

Soo this week had a lot of ups and downs. The ups were that the Bishop taught the 5th Sunday combined 3rd hour and he put emphasis on telling the ward that they could do better on helping the full time missionaries.  The topic of the lesson was the temple and preparing names to be taken to the temple in August. So it's opened some ideas what we could share at dinner appointments to help them share the gospel. I'm excited for it!

We also had a really sad thing happen this week.  Our only progressing investigator (for basically this whole transfer) dropped us.  We don't know why but she asked for us not to contact her.  I know that things like this happen often but it was just really sad!!

Then we had an amazing thing happen this week.  So on Wednesday we got a media referral and we were pretty sure that it might be fake but we contacted it anyway.  And it was fake and the person that lives there said she wasn't interested. Then both Sister Juliano and I felt impressed to go back tracting on that street.  So we did and the girl who we had talked to days before called us over to her house and wanted to talk to us and we talked to her about her questions.  Then she agreed to let us come over for a lesson.  It was really amazing. 
There are a lot of wonderful things happening in this area.  I love it! 
 
So last week we went to what is called the Turkey Hill Experience with some of the elders.  Turkey Hill is to Pennsylvania as Blue Bell is to Texas. I hope that made sense.  But yeah Turkey Hill is a popular ice cream brand out here in the great state of PA. So we went to their museum thing.  It was pretty cool. I found out that cows can eat the equivant of 22 apples a day. Pretty cool. Or something like that. We had fun. though I think we had more fun eating ice cream and "milking" the cows and "driving" the milk truck. Also shooting germs and then making a commercial and our own brand of ice cream. I'm kinda sad that we can't get on the website to see all our stuff. (I'll email the info to mom.)
 
So at the end of this transfer I'm going to be half way through my mission!! How crazy is that?? I think it is pretty weird.  Time flies wayyy too fast. 
 
So as I have already told you Sister Juliano is flying home to California this week. Sad day. I'm going to miss her like crazy!!! She has taught me a ton!!
 
Since she is going home I am getting a new companion.  Usually we find out on Tuesday at transfer meetings. I know who my new companion is.  I'm going to be a senior companion cause my companion has only been out for about 3 weeks and has only seen the MTC. (That changes today she's flying to Pittsburgh right now!)  So I hope that means you understand that I will be training.  It's weird to think that I will be somebody's trainer.  But I'm super excited to meet her!!! Her name is Sister Black and she is from UT! :) But I am also way nervous this is a big thing!!! But I know I can do it.  and obviously my mission president trusts me to do it. 
 
I love you all!!! Thanks for all your support and all your prayers!!! They mean more than you know!!
 
 
Love Sister Davidson
 cool lancaster cow. :) We had way too much fun with the cows. :)
 Sister Juliano and I in a tub of ice cream.
Milking the GIANT cow!!!
 
 

No comments: