Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 21, 2012


This week's email is going to be really short cause yeah it just is.  We had good things happen this week but it was a hard week. We didn't end up doing much becuase Sister Black had a really bad cold and she lost her voice for several days. So I did a lot of work on the area book we have and just tried to not get sick myself.
 
There was an amazing lesson happened this last week with an investigator we've been working with for a while. The investigator is Brother James. His wife and kids are all members of the church. So Sister Juliano and I had the feeling to read with their family from the Book of Mormon.  We'd been struggling to get them to read together.  So we read 3 Nephi 27 with them.  The Spirit was really strong. I know that they felt it.  We asked Brother James if he'd ever prayed about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and he said no. We committed him to doing that.  So we have somewhere we know we can start with in the next lesson. I'm excited to see where this could go with him.

We also had a miracle happen yesterday a former investigator showed up at church yesterday saying that she had missed coming.  She doesn't want to meet with the missionaries over the summer cause of her garden but I'm happy she'll be coming to church. I'm going to try to get in with her earlier than fall to teach a lesson but we'll see.
 
Then we had a funny thing happen there was a recent convert from Missouri who called us and said hey I'm going to be in PA for the week and I wanted to let you know who I am so that I can sit with you on Sunday and also I want to have a lesson on friday. Ha! It was super funny. And kinda crazy.  But he's a good guy. 
 
Then some elders in my district had a baptism on Saturday and one of the family members of the kid getting baptized threatened to kidnap us and take us to N.C. cause they want sister missionaries. haha. It was way funny. She took a picture of us and said that she's going to their bishop to know who to request. hahaha. Funny people.
 
Oh yeah we're having a baptism on Saturday in my area! I'm really excited about it!!  It's a sweet little 10 yr old kid that I just love to death! He's so smart. And He totally understands everything that we explain to him even though he doesn't always remember what the terms are. haha. He's awesome! 
But yeah that's basically what's going on with me.
 
Anyway I love you!!! Thanks for all your support. I really feel it and need it.
 
Love Sister Davidson

No comments: